The Kyoritsu 4106 is 2/ 3/ 4-Wire Digital Ground Resistance Tester, capable of measuring earth resistance and calculating earth resistivities (ρ). The 4106 has a low output voltage of approx or less than 10V RMS and, thus, can be applied to measure earth resistances on power distribution lines, in-house wiring systems and electrical appliances.
The Kyoristu 4106 is specified to measure earth resistances from 0.001Ω to 200 kΩ across six different ranges. The instrument can provide a high test current, up to 80mA, to accommodate a resolution of 0.001Ω on the 2Ω range. Advanced filtering is also provided, using a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) implementation, to reduce noise interference and obtain stable measurements. The measurements can be saved in the memory (up to 800 measurements) and recalled on the display. Saved results can additionally be transferred to a PC via the provided USB adaptor and the included reporting software.
The Kyoristu 4106 comprises three AC current ranges (20mA/200mA/200A), as well as both automatic and manual selection of the test current frequency (94/105/111/128Hz). Earth resistivity (ρ) can be automatically calculated after setting the distance between the auxiliary earth spike (Wenner method).
Featuring a large graphic display with backlight, the Kyoritsu 4106 is designed to withstand tough environments, conforming to an IP54 rating. The meter is supplied with test leads, an auxiliary earth spike set, a USB adaptor with reporting software, batteries and a carry case.
Key Features: Kyoritsu 4106 Ground Resistance Tester
• High test current up to 80mA yielding resolution of 0.001Ω on 2Ω range.
• Advanced Filtering method (based on FFT Fast Fourier Transform) reduces noise interference for obtaining stable measurements.
• Automatic and Manual selection of the Test Current Frequency in four bands (94/105/111/128Hz). In Automatic mode, KEW 4106 will select the most suitable Frequency.
• Several sub-results can be shown on the display: Resistance of the Auxiliary Earth Spikes, Frequency of Test Current, Voltage and Frequency of Interference (noise), Residual Resistance Rk, etc.
• Warning for excessive noise and high Auxiliary Earth Spikes resistance.
• Large Graphic Display with backlight for readings in poorly illuminated areas.
• Up to 800 measurement results can be saved in the memory and recalled on the display.
• The stored results can be transferred to a PC using the "KEW Report" software and a USB adaptor (Model 8212-USB) which are included.
• Robust design with IP54 protection.
Specifications: Kyoritsu 4106 Ground Resistance Tester
|2Ω||0.001Ω||0.03 - 2.099Ω||±2%rdg±0.03Ω|
|20Ω||0.01Ω||0.03 - 20.99Ω||±2%rdg±5dgt (*1)|
|200Ω||0.1Ω||0.3 - 209.9Ω|
|2000Ω||1Ω||3 - 2099Ω|
|20kΩ||10Ω||0.03k - 20.99kΩ|
|200kΩ||100Ω||0.3k - 209.9kΩ|
|Auxiliary earth resistance
|8% of Re+Rh+Rs|
|2Ω||0.1Ω·mm - 1Ω·m
|0.2 - 395.6Ω·m||ρ=2×π×a×Rg (*2)|
|20Ω||0.2 - 3956Ω·m|
|200Ω||20 - 39.56kΩ·m|
|2000Ω||0.2 - 395.6kΩ·m|
|20kΩ||2.0 - 1999kΩ·m|
|Series interference voltage
Ust (A.C only) (*3)
|50V||0.1V||0 - 50.9Vrms||±2%rdg±2dgt (50/60Hz)|
|±3%rdg±2dgt (40 - 500Hz)|
|40Hz - 500Hz||±1%rdg±2dgt|
|Measuring method||Earth resistance: Fall-of-potential method
(currents and voltages measured via the Probes)
Measurement method of Earth Resistivity (ρ): Wenner 4-pole method
Series interference voltage (earth voltage)
RMS Rectifier (between the E-S Terminals)
|Memory capacity||800 data|
|Communication Interface||Model 8212-USB Optical Adaptor|
|LCD||Dot-matrix 192×64 monochrome|
|Overload Protection||between E-S(P) and between E-H(C) terminals AC280V / 10 sec.|
|Applicable standards||IEC 61010-1 CAT III 300V, CAT IV 150V Pollution degree 2
IEC 61010-031, IEC 61557-1, 5, IEC 61326-1 (EMC), IEC 60529 (IP54)
|Power source||DC12V : sizeAA manganese dry battery (R6) × 8
(Auto power off: approx. 5 minutes)
|Dimensions||167(L) × 185(W) × 89(D) mm|
|Weight||approx. 900g (including batteries)|
|Accessories||7229A (Earth precision measurement),
7238A (Simplified measurement test leads),
8032 (Auxiliary earth spikes [2 spiks/set])×2 sets (4 spikes in total),
8200-04 (Cord reel [4 pcs])×1 set,
8212-USB (USB adaptor with "KEW Report(Software)"),
9121 (Shoulder strap),
9125 (Carrying case),
R6 × 8, Instruction manual, Calibration certificate
|Optional||8212-RS232C (RS232C adaptor with "KEW Report(Software)")|
Includes: Kyoritsu 4106 Ground Resistance Tester
- Kyoritsu 4106 Ground Resistance Tester
Accessories: Kyoritsu 4106 Ground Resistance Tester
Fluke 1587 Insulatio..
Fluke 1587 Insulation Multimeter not onl..
Fluke 1625-2 GEO Ear..
Model: Fluke 1625-2 GEO Earth Ground Tes..
Fluke 1630-2 FC Eart..
Model: Fluke 1630-2 FC Earth Ground Clam..
Fluke 1623-2 GEO Ear..
Model: Fluke 1623-2 GEO Earth Ground Res..
Fluke 1621 GEO Earth..
Model: Fluke 1621 GEO Earth Ground Teste..
Kyoritsu 3005A Digit..
Kyoritsu 3005a Digital Insulation Tester..
Kyoritsu 3007A Digit..
Kyoritsu 3007A Digital Insulation Tester..
kyoritsu 3125A High..
kyoritsu 3125A High Voltage Insulation T..